Apart from the innovation of IRCTC next generation, there is so much more to the Indian Railways, we need to be proud of. Here are some IRCTC next gen railway related tips for travellers.
- Indian Railways is the fourth largest railway network in the world, by size.
- The Indian railway system can be a bit confusing and complicated due to its vast network and crowding, so it is always safer to book tickets ahead of the journey.
- The Indian Railways has made online booking easier with its website https://www.irctc.co.in/eticketing/loginHome.jsf. You can make use of this IRCTC login, which is best to book the tickets using the IRCTC website.
- You can also keep track of your train timings, reservation status, catering services and other details with the help of the website. You can also trace the routes of the train and train schedules and timetable.
- Indian railways are prone to be overcrowded and so it is always better to keep your luggage careful. It is safe to keep your luggage locked up or chained.
- Always keep track of your train name, number and other ticket details. Check the seat availability and confirmation of reservation. You can track this using the IRCTC app or the official website of IRCTC.
- Order food using the catering service option provided by the IRCTC. It is better to order food prior to the travel in case of a long distance journey. It is easier to choose from a range of delicious vegetarian and non vegetarian delicacies, using the IRCTC app or official website.
- Gather details on stations and arrival and departure timings by following the live journey of your train on the IRCTC app.